FAANG is an acronym for Facebook, Apple, Amazon, Netflix and Google. These companies are some of the biggest and most influential in the world today. As a marketer, it can be difficult to keep up with their latest announcements and changes. To help prepare for my FAANG interviews, I used a few resources that I found helpful. This post shares some of those resources so that you can too.
How to prepare for an FAANG interview
FAANG is an acronym for Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Netflix and Google. These are some of the biggest tech companies in the world, and they are all looking for talented individuals to join their teams.
If you want to work at one of these companies, you need to be prepared for an interview. Here is what you need to do:
- Research the company.
Before your interview, make sure you know as much as possible about the company. Read articles, watch videos, and listen to interviews to learn about their history, mission, strategies, and culture. This will help you stand out in the interview and show that you’re interested in the job.
- Dress professionally.
When you go for your interview, dress professionally. This means wearing a suit or a dress that shows that you take your career seriously. You don’t have to wear a tie if you don’t want to, but it’s recommended that you do so if possible.
- Prepare a few questions that focus on the job opportunity and the company itself.
When interviewing for a job opportunity, always ask questions that focus on the job opportunity and the company itself instead of asking personal questions (like where someone went to school). Questions like these could show that you’re genuinely interested in the position and not just trying to get information about the company before applying.
Resources I used to prepare for my FAANG interviews
In preparation for my FAANG interviews, I read a lot of articles and watched a few briefings. Here are the resources I used:
- Bloomberg’s “The Top 10 considerations for interviewing with Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Google and Microsoft” - This briefing was helpful in understanding how each company operates and what their priorities are.
- Recode’s “A guide to surviving tech company interviews” - This guide was helpful in understanding common interview topics and specific questions to be aware of.
- The Telegraph’s “How to Ace Your Next Tech Job Interview” - This article provides tips on how to prepare for an interview, including practice questions and examples of good and bad answers.
- Fortune’s “6 Tips for Succeeding at Silicon Valley Interviews” - This article provides advice on how to present yourself well during an interview and what to do if you feel uncomfortable or unprepared.
How to prepare for a FAANG interview
If you are interviewing for a position at one of the top five U.S. technology companies (Facebook, Amazon, Apple, Google, Netflix), then you are likely to face a FAANG interview. In this post, I will share some of the resources I used to prepare for FAANG interviews. First, I read Glassdoor reviews of companies to get an idea of what they are looking for in candidates and how they operate. Next, I studied company strategies and how they differ from each other. Finally, I interviewed with people who had worked at each of the five FAANG companies to gain insights into their experiences. By doing this, I was able to tailor my answers to the questions I would be asked in an interview.
The best resources for preparing for a FAANG interview
The best resources for preparing for a FAANG interview are as follows:
- Bloomberg’s “FAANG Stock Valuation Guide”
- The “FAANG25 Index” by S&P Capital IQ
- The “FAANG 50 list” by FORBES
- CNBC’s “The 10 Best & Worst Stocks of 2018 So Far”
- Forbes' “The richest people in the world in 2018”
- The Motley Fool’s “7 Tech Stocks You Should Own Now”
- Inc.’s “These Are the 25 Companies That Could Dominate the Future of Technology”
How to answer common questions during an FAANG interview
The following are some of the most common questions during an FAANG interview.
-What experience do you have in the industry?
-Why did you choose this company/position?
-How do you think you can contribute to our team?
-How do you handle criticism?
-What motivated you to pursue a career in finance?
The Dos and Don’ts of an FAANG Interview
If you are interviewing with one of the most valuable and successful tech companies in the world, it is important to be prepared. Here are some dos and don’ts for interviewing at these companies:
- Be organized and prepare your questions in advance. The interview will go much smoother if you aren’t scrambling to come up with questions on the fly.
- Dress professionally. This company considers itself a leader in its field, so make sure you look the part. Wear clothes that show you respect their brands and job title.
- If possible, research the company beforehand. Know their history, what they stand for, and what their main products or services are. This will help you formulate questions that are relevant to their work rather than asking about something completely unrelated.
- Keep a positive attitude during the interview. No one wants to speak with someone who is negative or confrontational from the start. If something goes wrong during the interview (or even if everything goes smoothly), remain calm and professional throughout any exchanges that may follow.
Read : Complete List of Average Doctor Salaries By Specialty
To prepare for my FAANG interviews, I used the resources below: -AnchorFree’s Hotspot Shield Elite to keep my personal data safe and private while I’m online -Twitter’s 280 character limit to maximize efficiency when responding to questions during the interviews -Google Sheets to track vocabulary, facts, and figures related to the companies I interviewed.